Scheduling a meeting with your personal account
After activating your Rutgers Webex account, a meeting can be scheduled via the web client or through the Webex extension in Outlook.
- Scheduling via the Web in Modern View:
- Go to https://rutgers.webex.com and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click on the “Schedule a Meeting” tile.
- Fill out the topic, date, time, duration, and add attendees by email address.
- Click the “Schedule” button when done. If you are starting the meeting immediately, the button will say “Start” instead of “Schedule”.
- You can find your scheduled meetings when you click on “Meetings” on the left-hand side of the website. There is also a tile on the Modern View which lists your upcoming meetings (as a host or invitee).
- Schedule via Outlook
- To schedule Webex meetings via Outlook you will need to have the Cisco Webex Productivity Tools installed which are available in the “Downloads” section at https://rutgers.webex.com/. You will need to have your Webex account before you can log into this page and download the app.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Calendar.
- Schedule a meeting via the WebEx meeting on top.
- Or start a new meeting and select the “Add Webex Meeting” button from the Ribbon.
- Select your invitees.
- Send the meeting request.
- NOTE: The first time you create a Webex meeting you may be asked to set the settings for the meeting.
- These settings can be changed after they are set by selecting “Change Settings” in the Ribbon next to the Webex Meeting button.